Counselling provides benefits for people in nearly all aspects of life. You don’t need a mental health diagnosis to attend counselling.

Enlighten Counselling Services provides counselling services for individuals, couples and families in various areas including depression, anxiety and stress management.

What is Counselling?

Counselling is about you. Your counsellor works with you to facilitate positive change in your life. Through counselling, you will gain insight and awareness, and begin to feel equipped to manage and cope with life’s situations.

For the nearly 1 in 5 Canadians experiencing a mental health or addiction issue, counselling is a very effective way to learn how to manage and cope with your symptoms. Counselling is more than just attending appointments. It’s about learning skills that empower you to help yourself. These skills are gained by understanding cognitive tools and processes which you can then apply in your own life. In your counselling appointments, you can express your thoughts and feelings in a safe and confidential space without judgement.

Initial Consultation

As a new client, you’ll attend a free, 30 minute introductory consultation. This is an opportunity to meet your counsellor and discuss what you would like to work on in your counselling sessions. It’s important that you feel comfortable that Enlighten Counselling Services is right for you. During the consultation, ask questions - it’s very important for you to be comfortable with your counsellor.

Counselling services aren’t right for everyone. If we determine that we aren’t the best service for your needs, we’ll refer you to more appropriate services in your area.


Fees can be paid by Interac e-transfer.

Counselling services are not covered by OHIP. If you have an extended health insurance plan through an insurance company such as Green Shield, Manulife, or Great-West Life, then you may have a designated amount per year for counselling services. Consult your insurance company to see if you have coverage for a Registered Social Worker (RSW).

If you do not have extended health insurance, Registered Social Worker services can be claimed as a medical expense for income tax purposes.